A group of miners outside Kemberton Pit, Madeley c1900
Meadow Pit was owned and operated in the 1700, 1800 & 1900's, by The Madeley Wood (Mining) Company a major
employer in the district and main suppliers of coal to The Coalbrookedale Company, famed for their casting of the world famous
IRONBRIDGE in 1779.
The Ironbridge to this day, still spans the River Severn as it flows untamed through the County of Shropshire and remains the Jewel in the Crown
of what is a World Heritage Site. Although many other mines were sunk during the era, Meadow Pit could rightly claim to have been The Soul of
The Meadow Pit site at Ironbridge Road Madeley, has evolved into a pleasant tree lined domain and the gardens are at it's entry.